One has always wondered as to what runs inside the mind of people who criticize others for no matter and not acknowledge others feeling but their own.These respective individuals are known as “bullies” , one can find them in schools , play grounds, offices, shops, colleges even at home in some cases.
For starters one needs to understand who are “bullies” and mental conditions leads them into such a state.
- Bully is someone who usually tries to correct you for beginners.
- If not listened to properly might get aggressive.
- He/ she might have an understanding that they are well versed with knowledge and right people to help.
- Might have had a turbulent past in terms of relationship and workplace.
- Wishes to always pin point flaws in other people (negative personality).
- Gives an impression that he/she is understanding but rather gathering points from your conversation to get back at you.
- Takes things away from you by act of force.
- Always trying to get charged up.
- Shows superior intelligence level to the point of humiliation.
- They might think bulling is a way of getting popular and getting what they want.
- They think calling names being angry , pushing around humiliating is the way normal people act.
- Bullies will not know about the hurtful action that they perform.
- They pick at people or children who get upset easily and cannot stand up for themselves.
- Getting a big reaction out of someone makes the bully feel they have power over them.
for further definitions click onto :
In Cases Of Families :
A father or a mother may be bully pushing his child too hard, whereas he might be thinking he is working for better of the child
In some cases some mothers are worst culprits though it seems very unwise and foolhardy to suggest such examples, though situation can vary if mother is having a strained relationship with father or others.
A male child might be at a receiving end every time when his father behaves like a jerk that is to say not giving attention to wife or the mother might have faced some of the “sexist” or shall one say dishonorable remarks . This behavior of mother may well be characterized as feminist by some people or disciplinary, but one wishes to ask won`t it still called bullish ?
A female child at a receiving end by father because he has gone through humiliation on the hands of pretty girls , upon watching his female child being pretty or wishes to be center of attention of opposite sex , he takes out all his frustration of his past on her. Make her go through humiliation and constant criticism.
These are but a few instances of the whole picture though,these abused children as being one of the cases grow up with certain prejudices about opposite sex and might exhibit a violent behavior and themselves become abusive towards others.( so in this case a cycle)
In cases of races :
Higher Intelligence :
Some individuals due to school or college they went or being from high ended family background tend to have a compulsion to make others feel insulted and re-establish the firm notion that they are high off or better.These individuals without even realizing tend to exhibit another classical case of bullism where you under value and under appreciate others. In their crazed quest to be correct “educationally” they fail to understand how “uneducated ” their respective approach is probably they might require a dose of humanly religious value in them.
Now comes the role of the countries.
In cold war scenario US and SOVIET Unions use to exhibit their intimidation techniques with other weak countries.
Israel`s aggression towards Lebanon and Palestine could also be termed bullish, though some would like to state that Palestine is full of terrorist but do give a thought to how much of strength does the Palestinians have in front of a nuclear power country like Israel !!
For some time the issue of racism is being raised in Australia by Indians there. They are repeatedly beaten up insulted etc….. It also exhibits a sense of bullish behavior but at a larger scale. In this case the poor of the country, frustrated by their lack of jobs and comfort level target”outsiders”, since they see them taking away their right.
They restore to racial slurs, beating, verbal abuses and in some cases physical violence which may lead to dangerous levels or deaths.
The larger question remains is that……………….. Is India an equally racist aka bullish country or it is part of human nature to be so and the discussion needs to be just brushed under the carpet.
Though your Bullish behavior in India could be seen in :
- Religious activities.
- One part of India better than other (such as north people insult southern Indians)
- Most recently the rise of money have led to formation of money divide : the rich and the poor.
- Rich would make a point to be known that he is rich by his snobbery and insulting pointing out his high class education and notably for places where only money or good cloths could get you in, the poor `s response to that is a gang and an aggressive behavior in order to meet her/his ends meet
- Your ragging also comes under bullying behavior.
- The most evident is the example which i saw one streets of Delhi : a child was running his fingers across a brand new Mercedes and the driver shrugged the child of as thought he was planting a bomb in the car.
There are plenty of such behavior one can see on our day to day life and some times we ourselves are perpetrators into enforcing these behaviors though we try shrug them off or say the respective individual is nuts, lowly educated, dumb or from lower race(ie exhibiting non acceptable behavior of a human race ) ……
Some commonwealth countries seem to be higher on this behavior though we know this as there high headed or colonial hangover.
This is one of the basic breeding grounds of unethical behavior. When child pin points at other child citing his “unnatural” behavior according to his/her minute judgment which in most cases she /he has imbibed from family or from peers , one does wonder is the child`s ego talking or intelligence or non-compassionate thinking or she/he is a mere puppet blurring out the line read to him by her/his close associates..
The heavier build children do this by trying force themselves upon lighter children to prove the point as to who is in control here.
One is well versed with the physically bullish behavior but the question arises about the mind games that children play , the will to instill fear among the child by the dominant player.
But the biggest question is from where do we start correcting it…………. ?
may be females could play a good role as mothers, sisters , daughters, girlfriends, wives ………
But only if they fall into the same trap !
One wonder though does one needs to be always bullish can`t a healthy conversation pin point the fact or serve the objective that one desires to achieve or our being correct is so much important that other person must pay with life also in some cases, though one takes a point to think that may be this is the only reason that humans have been able to survive this long and compared to other species they have been more dominant player.. in the ANIMAL KINGDOM !
A movie was made in this regard in Hollywood based on true story named BULLY