it is funny when dying for nation is considered then these very individuals who insult them want them to “protect” them.
Not only talking about these races but those from business community of north india and specially from a traditional administration communities blur out these racial slurs and these slurs are retaliated back with equally vehemental force.
It is but a very disturbing trend , dis-respects are such as
1. Bengali : will run away on the instance of 1st shot from the gun, Hypocrite, self obsessed pseudo intellectual.(Netaji subhash chander bose , a bengali freedom fighter, doubt that u can use those words against him. )
2. Gurkhas : he is suppose to say “uuu shabji ” and he will be a guard standing outside your home or he will be from nepal , he is suppose to carry an axe along all the time. He is always a friend which you want in terms of war standing besides you, but that is all ! Nothing more than that and a sense of alienation always remains.
3. A business community from punjab khatris : (better known as punjabis )(now they are suppose be extremely shrewd,cunning, will take your money away and will play with your instincts, most notably if your women (warrior people women in particular and those from not their community ) are pretty they will be lured on the behest of love and taken away ( a phenomenon of beauty drain in this case )A question in this regard : don`t the AMERICANS do the same capitalist economy, rich men beautiful women and appreciated : why double standards n what about khatri women ?(but do spare a though for poor guy who cannot express his feeling in warrior clan, because he is conditioned never to express it and if he does then he is not MAN enough, quite the “KAMINEY” story plus he is poor n dumb as per perception )
4. Pathan : for their simple and straight forward nature are again and again targeted for their simplicity and dialogs like ” hum pathan hai ” and “oye tum kahmiz kya bolta hai ” is used as a derogatory joke !
A perception or Image is formed via media aspects and through influential circles used often to tell that Pathan are buffons and are at peace when at war !!
(what abt shah rukh khan, khan abdul gafar khan, Imran khan , do they fit these stereotypes developed by the individuals who do not wish to get out of their ignorance cocoon.)
5. Sikhs : for one have always been on receiving end, but i guess they don`t give a rat`s ass about what others think till their gurus` honour is challenged.
The most notable insult against a sikh will always be : “12 o clock” without even knowing the whole story behind it plus some have issues that they are not FASHIONABLE………
This following lines narrated is an answer to the insult :
During 17th Century, when Hindustan was ruled by Mughals, all the Hindu people were humiliated and were treated like animals. Mughals treated the Hindu women as there own property and were forcing all Hindus to accept Islam and even used to kill the people if they were refusing to accept.That time, our ninth Guru, Sri Guru Teg Bahadarji came forward,in response to a request of some Kashmir Pandits to fight against all these cruel activities. Guruji told the Mughal emperor that if he could succeed in converting him to Islam, all the Hindus would accept the same. But, if he failed, he should stop all those activities. The Mughal emperor happily agreed to that but even after lots of torture to Guruji and his fellow members he failed to convert him to Islam and Guruji along with his other four fellow members, were tortured and sacrificed their lives in Chandni Chowk.
Since the Mughals were unable to convert them to Islam they were assassinated.Thus Guruji sacrificed his life for the protection of Hindu religion.
Can anybody lay down his life and that too for the protection of another religion? This is the reason he is still remembered as “Hind Ki Chaddar”, shield of India . For the sake of whom he had sacrificed his life, none of the them came forward to lift his body, fearing that they would also be assassinated . Seeing this incident our 10th Guruji, Sri Guru Gobind Singhji (Son of Guru Teg Bahadarji) founder of khalsa made a resolution that he would convert his followers to such human beings who would not be able to hide themselves and could be easily located in thousands.
At the start, the Sikhs were very few in numbers as they were fighting against the Mughal emperors. At that time, Nadir Shah raided Delhi in the year 1739 and looted Hindustan and was carrying lot of Hindustan treasures and nearly 2200 Hindu women along with him. The news spread like a fire and was heard by Sardar Jassa Singh who was the Commander of the Sikh army at that time. He decided to attack Nadir Shah’s Kafila on the same midnight . He did so and rescued all the Hindu women and they were safely sent to their homes. It didn’t happen only once but thereafter whenever any Abdaalis or Iranis had attacked and looted Hindustan and were trying to carry the treasures and Hindu women along with them for selling them in Abdal markets, the Sikh army although fewer in numbers but were brave hearted and attacked them at midnight ,12 O’clock and rescued women.
After that time when there occurred a similar incidence, people started to contact the Sikh army for their help and Sikhs used to attack the raider’s at Midnight, 12 O’clock.
Nowadays, these “smart people” and some Sikh enemies who are afraid of Sikhs, have spread these words that at 12 O’clock, the Sikhs go out of their senses.
6. Dogras :
The Dogras, numbering nearly one million are concentrated north of the River Sutlej (in Jammu, Himachal Pradesh, Kashmir and Punjab) and have carved out India`s northern frontier along the Karakotam.According to one tradition, the word Dogra is derived from `duggar`, which is ascribed to dvigarta, implying a land of two lakes, the Mansar and Saruinsar. The historical tradition rests on two Chamba copper plates of the eleventh century that have been found which mention Durgareshwar, the lord of Durgar. It is said that Durgareshwar, once attempted to conquer the Chamba Kingdom so the name may well be derived from durgaradesha (the difficult terrain). In any case, the word `Dogra` does not denote a caste but is a term embracing Hindus of all castes as well as Muslims and Sikhs living in the Dogra region and speaking Dogri.The Dogras excel in martial arts. However, in addition to their joining the defence forces in large numbers, they have also entered other spheres of economic and political activity. Dr. Karan Singh, the youngest person ever to become a member of the union cabinet, and at one time the ambassador to the United States, is a Dogra.kashmir was under Dogra from 1846 to 1947: Dogra Rule
and those who don`t care and are truly in place to make difference, well they are too educated, too liberated and interested in “get a life” phrase ,that only way to make them think is to bring out a movie on the lines of “RANG DE BASANTI “.