One can never understand that all people stereotype jats to be from haryana. If an individual is jat then he is suppose to be from haryana.Jat people are people who habituate all across sub-continent : Pakistan Punjab, Indian Punjab, rajasthan, Uttar pradesh, Delhi and haryana ( in recent times all across the globe)
Though it seems as though people associate jat from haryana only.
jat in haryana : 26% of population.
Anybody who speaks haryanvi is not jat because 74% of the population is non-jat ie not belonging to this community in haryana.
Some individuals in order to show there macho behavior do tend to say that they are jat but they may not be, this gives bad name to community as people think them as goons and ruckus creators.These individuals misguide others for self serving purposes…..
MYTHS and Stereotypes about jats :
- Haryanvi speaking (Really, all people who speak Haryanvi are not Jats).
- Beats wife on a daily basis
- cheap and high on sexual energy
- goon and has war-mongering nature
- Belongs to Haryana
- Resistant to change
- An army man ( when educated)
- power wielder
- Makes Jat female suffer.
- Too strict
- Doesn`t understands love.
- Bullock cart owner
- Bus conductor or owner
- Wants only a Government job
- Politically sound
- a JAT (ie has a lot of mental problems)
- Not polite
- Unworthy of talking to “educated and classy” females.
- Will ruin the life of educated Jat girl. (so she should elope with some non-jat guy, especially if she is beautiful and sexy, after all she needs to find “true love“)
- Will beat the hell out of you.
- Not business oriented
- self obsessed
- Low worker class
- big land-lords
- Doesn`t have polished education but only minimal.
- Women are like Mallika Sehrawat or idealize her.
- Non- Muslims ( HEER – RANJHA ,Muslim jats and Liaquat ali khan, first prime-minister of pakistan)
- Chaudhary surname people
- Cattle people
- Jats are biased for each other.
- Angry people
- Not good in mathematics
- Unsophisticated cheapster
- There are no jat psychologist
- Gets offended easily
- Women are feminist and men are chauvinist
- smokers and druggist
- Not from Royalty ( Maharaja Ranjit Singh, King of Punjab and Maharaja Surajmal, kIng of Bharatpur)
- Dolly Bindra is a JAT (Bindra is akhatri, don’t know why she doesn’t owns it up and is misguiding people. It is another case of brashful people claiming to be jats and giving bad name to community)
and many more, these are the ones which I remember at this point of time………….
Some stereotypes within jats :
Uttar Pradesh jat : Politician
Rajasthan Jat : sufferer n weak
Punjab Jat : Too powerful, rich , ultra-orthodox
Haryana Jat : Buffoon, Ultra orthodox, power seeker
Delhi Jat : Non-existent, landlords, only source of income rents and buses.
etc…………………… etc…………………………………. etc………………………………..
to help u ease off :
PS: DO NOT SHOOT the messenger .. !!!!!!